Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mission today: Break a heart

The mission today is simple: Break a heart. Or I should say - Eat a heart.

I actually meant to have the red heart-shaped cake named Lea in Agnes b. 
(<<< This one) 

Yet, when I arrived the Agnes b le pain grille in Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong. Lea was delisted already. With a disappointed heart, I found they have replaced Lea by Venezuela (like a new girlfriend). It was only later that I found out it was named Venezuela due to its 70% single origin chocolate from Venezuela. 

Venezuela was a purple girly heart-shaped patisserie. "Why is it purple?" I asked the waitress. She honestly replied me that it was only the artificial coloring to make it prettier. Anyhow, I ordered it and my friend, Pris ordered Jasmine which is made of vanilla jasmine bavoris, jasmine creme brulee and almond sponge cake. 

Short after ten minutes, my little purple heart arrived with the trim of assorted fruits. I kind of worried it will be too sweet as it looks. 


It turns out not! Underneath its purple clothing (by the way, the purple thing doesn't taste a thing), the chocolate is richer than I thought with strong taste. It's not bitter or too sweet. As it is made of chocolate ganache instead of just chocolate sponge, it was so smooth but not too heavy.


The whole process of breaking the heart is like heaven. It was surprisingly even nicer than the one I had yesterday in Spoil with smoother texture. It was closely competitive with the one in Sift.

Hmmmm. mission done in a bliss (and in five minutes). 

I wonder, which heart should I break next?


Where: Agnes b. le pain grille
Address: Shop 33, UG, Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
What: Venezuela chocolate patisserie
Opening hour: Mon - Sun 1130am - 10pm
Tel: 2265 7680


No comments:

Post a Comment