Sunday, November 13, 2011

Basic human right to eat well and enjoy life

I am a horrible quitter. Let me tell you straight ahead in the beginning - in the past twenty four years, I *tried* to learn to speak french, japanese, play guitar, piano, do fashion design, graphic design, play tennis, squash, oh and I did wrote half of a novel and half of a fan fiction. I am not sure if you feel the same but persisting to do one thing is somehow hard. Out of everything I did, I thought, "What is the very one thing that I have been doing in my whole life and I am good at it?"

It turns out I always love eating.

I know how stupid it sounds. Who doesn't eat anyways? But it is so true that eating good food makes me feel so alive and I can never get enough. In Julie & Julia, it says, "She (Julia Child) wants you to remember that you are human, and as such are entitled to that most basic of human rights, the right to eat well and enjoy life." For this, I am feeling like a human right lawyer here.

If you say yes to below like I do,
1/ I could make embarrassing noise like "Hmmmmm" or "Ohhh godddd" when having a nice piece of cake or a nice scoop of gelato
2/ Visiting a new restaurant could be the most forward looking thing for me at the week
3/ I could be devastated because of a disappointing steak
4/ And I could be insanely happy for three days just because of having a superb brunch
5/ I could travel for 1.5 hour just for a cupcake
6/ I could spend time to learn new food names and even write them down in a vocabulary book
7/ I especially like reading books that are related to food (eg Julie & Julia, Eat Pray Love)
8/ I couldn't get enough of food all the time

If I need to find one thing to persist doing, I choose eating, eating and eating. I mean, eating, eating and eating good food.

And I want to write about it. Write about the joy from food. Write about the journey to find the best chocolate cake in town. Write about the restaurants that surprise me and disappoint me. Write about all my feelings on food and share to everyone here.

This blog will be about Food.
Food.
And more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment