Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I wish I had Jamie Oliver as my husband

With Christmas coming soon (okay, it's only November now but hey they are playing christmas carols already in subway station!), Jamie's Family Christmas was replayed tonight in Pearl Channel!! Wohoooo!! 


I love every bit of Jamie Oliver's cooking. 

What makes him such a success (and me crazy about him) is his way of seeing food. He makes cooking food a fun thing to do. He connects people by food, through cooking local traditional food to discover others' culture, through making pancakes and cookies with kids to share laughters, through eating his dishes with family and friends to enjoy the moment. Sometimes, many chefs make perfect food with perfect presentation but forget the spirit of food as the joy to share and appreciate.


Everytime I watch Jamie Oliver's show, it reminds me the happiness and inspiration from food that you can't get from elsewhere. In tonight's episode, Jamie was cooking Gammon & Eggs with his nanny Betty. He told Nanny Betty to shake the pan for him, "When you shake the pan, you need to shake your bum too. It makes them (the gammon) taste nice." 


See? This is the fun of food you can't get elsewhere.


For the recipe of Gammon & Eggs by Jamie Oliver, check the link here: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/gammon-egg

And the show "Jamie's Family Christmas" is on Pearl Channel every Wed 8-830pm. Can't wait for next week!



2 comments:

  1. His wife is so lucky then .He said he cooks because of his two daughters! I totally buy his life mission. He has published several cook books, e.g. Jame in Italy something like that. You should borrow some from library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did. But now I wanna own them : )

    ReplyDelete