Friday, December 2, 2011

Hot, Crispy & Incredibly Juicy Islam Beef Cake

It is hot. It is crispy. It is chewy. It is incredibly juicy. What I am talking about is the beef cake from the Islam Food Restaurant in Kowloon City. With my friend's continuous recommendation, I decided to try the famous Islam beef cake yesterday night.

My friend and I ordered three dishes. The Beef Cake, the Lamb Curry and the Sour and Spicy Soup.
The Islam Beef Cake ($24 for two pieces)
The Beef Cakes were freshly pan fried so when it arrived, the surface was still crispy. And they were sooo nice and warm especially in such a cold weather. I am not exaggerating. The first bite was insane. The beef juice comes out out of control! I hold the bowl under the beef cake when I ate the cake. When I finished the cake, the beef juice filled out the whole bowl!! I especially ordered one more set to take away for my family. It was just too good.
Lamb Curry (Sorry I forgot the price. I guess $40-50)
The Lamb Curry was very tasty as well. A good curry should not be just spicy but rich with different tastes of spices. The curry had strong flavor (The lamb as well!) and was just at the perfect level of spiciness. We finished the whole dish and almost the entire sauce with the steamed rice.
Sour and Spicy Soup (around $30)
The Sour and Spicy Soup was not bad. Sure if it is compared to the two other dishes, this was not the signature dish in the restaurant. It was, though, above average. This dish is very common but most of the available ones are not dense enough or do not have enough ingredients. The soup was not too liquid and not too dense. Just right. The ingredients include mushroom, tofu, carrot with green onion garnish. Not bad not bad.A nice dinner doesn't necessarily to be expensive. And Hong Kong is such a nice place we can find nearly all kinds of food. Some may not be exactly traditional but the dishes were dedicated with the chefs' own perfect version of tastiness. Isn't that the precious part of food? You find a recipe; you make it; you modify it; and you pass it on.
Where: Islam FoodAddress: 1 Lung Kong Road, Kowloon City, Hong KongTel: 2382 2822Opening hour: Mon - Sun 11am - 1145pm


No comments:

Post a Comment