Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ms B's Cake, Ice-cream at Sunset, Wedding Dress: All Wrapped with Love.

Christmas window display in Lane Crawford -
"Wrapped with Love"

I had a hard time writing this entry. How should I wrap up for my discovery? Three completely different things, but somehow connect to each other and click with me. Not until I saw the Christmas window display in Lane Crawford in TST. Ding-dong. They are all WRAPPED WITH LOVE.

1. Cakes that make you fall in love: C'est la B

Patisseries from the brand new cafe, c'est la B
"Better than Sex" from Ms B's Cakery
Ms B's Cakery is definitely the most drop-dead-gorgeous cakes in town. The best is that they also taste superb! The only flaw was that Ms B's Cakery at Gough Street (Address: 39 Gough Street, Central, Hong Kong) only offers take-away (No seats!) and the one in Sevva (Address: 25/F Prince's Building, 10 Charter Road, Central, Hong Kong) doesn't have the by-piece patisserie above. Here's the good news: Ms B's Cakery just opened its cafe-bar C'est la B in Tai Hang! Finally we can sit down for those patisseries!

I tried the Sunshine cake before (the yellow one at top left coner with a flower sugar garnish). It feels like heaven. I can't wait to visit c'est la B in the coming week and tell you how it is. Sunshine, Butterfly Kisses, Paradise, Madame Butterfly, Better than Sex. What more can I say? Better than sex? I see no reason of not trying.




Where: C'est la B
Location: Shop 3, G/F, 110-114 Tung Lo Wan Road, Tai Hang, Hong Kong
Opening Hour: Mon - Sun 1130am - midnight
Tel: 2806 8168
Website: http://www.msbscakery.hk/cestlaB.html

2. A getaway terrace from the crowd: Spasso

Sunset from the outdoor terrance of Spasso in TST, Hong Kong
A typical Saturday in Tsim Sha Tsui (aka TST) can only be described in one word - Crowd (or Crap). Or direct quote from my friend, Eric, "It's exactly like a Shanghai mall and you cannot hear any Cantonese; it's all Mandarin and Shanghainese." That's why I always try to avoid weekends in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's not fun at all to squeeze yourself in the crowd of tourists. I mean, there is a 30-people queue outside Louis Vuitton. What else can you expect other than people, people and people?

Pistachio I-Scream ice-cream ($34)



Surprisingly, Eric took us to a quiet getaway restaurant/bar, Spasso at the terrace of Ocean Centre. I never knew such place in the middle of hustling TST. We didn't make a reservation and just walked in. The outdoor terrace was lovely, especially in such a nice weather, feeling warm and chilled under the afternoon sun. I cannot make any comment on the food as I only had the I-Scream Pistachio ice-cream which was pretty okay. Eric and Stanley ordered the tea set for two. The price was reasonable ($138 per person) but I guess they were running out of the afternoon tea tray as it was served in a big plate. (Eric: What?) 

An urban sunset, an outdoor terrace, and an ice cream scoop. This is the romance of the city. 

Where: Spasso
Address: Shop 403, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Opening hour: Mon - Sun 12nn - midnight
Tel: 2730 8027

Afternoon Tea set for you ($138 per person)

3. Once-a-lifetime wedding dress: Pronovias

You & Your Wedding (Dec 2011 issue)
As cliche as it is, I grasped a wedding magazine, You & Your Wedding, when chilling in the public library yesterday afternoon and was attracted by one of its ads. The Pronovias. It really is nothing about food here but I can't help mentioning it here as it was so dreamy and simply beauuuutiful.

With more and more weddings happening around (colleagues, college friends, secondary school friends, primary school friends, and I know it will come very soon - kindergarten friends), weddings are no longer inaccessible to be referred as a "They are getting married", "They are the bridesmaids", "They are sending invitations" when I was a kid. It's now more like a  "You are getting married" or "We are the bridesmaids". Well, it's still not a "I am getting married" or "You are my maid of honor". Still, it seems wedding is all around.

And I bet every girl has dreamt about her Big Day. Don't pretend to be cool and appear as if you don't care. You care. I care. (Don't roll your eyes, boys.) Wedding is more than a huge beautiful party with flowers and cakes. I hate to say there is a very good quote from the movie, 27 dresses. (I say stop rolling your eyes, boys.) "When the bride comes in and she makes her giant grand entrance, I like to glance back at the poor bastard getting married. Cause even though I think he’s an idiot for willingly entering into the last legal form of slavery, he always looks really, really happy.", says James Marsden in the movie. That is my faith in marriage.


Website: http://www.pronovias.us/

Pronovias ad on 2012 bridal collection
Pronovias ad on 2012 bridal collection
Pronovias ad on 2012 bridal collection


No comments:

Post a Comment