Saturday, December 24, 2011

Non-Christmasy things at Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve. Don't expect a fancy entry about a romantic dinner or glamorous party. None this year. I will be honest with you that I do want a romantic dinner date following up with a steamy hot all-night love making session. It just happens none this year. In the festive season, those questions become partly confusing and partly annoying. I am not sure whether you experience before but everyone seems to be especially interested in your christmas plan and secretly competes whose schedule is more packed. My Christmas is very chilled and there is only one plan - Christmas dinner with family which I reserved table a month ago. On top of that, nothing really special. Just a very chilled time with friends like other holiday.

At Christmas Eve, My friend, Mung Sing and I did very non-Christmasy things.
1. Attempt to queue for ramen for lunch
2. Have a Thai lunch instead as we are patience limited
3. Finish off the lunch with creme brulee and molten chocolate cake next door
4. Shoot zombies in game center after lunch

I always wanted to visit Butao Ramen but it turned me down everything I think about the fact that you need to wait there at 10.30am to make sure you get a seat at 11am. With a great urge the night before, I asked Mung Sing to have a lunch there together. Excitedly anticipating the famous ramen, I showed up in front of the restaurant with shock face. Damn. It is closed! Is this a Christmas joke?


We finally ended up eating thai for lunch and had desserts in Ocio. We ordered a Creme Brulee and a Molten Chocolate Cake. One thing I don't like about the desserts is that the portion is too small. I am a greedy creature who cannot get enough. I want more I want more I want more! As a dessert specialized cafe, Ocio could do a better job. Both the creme brulee and molten chocolate cake are just average. 

Anyhow, eating is not just eating. It is also about who you eat with, where you eat and how you eat.  The best meal, for me, is not having the best food. It is the sense that the food and people you eat with make you feel, "This is the moment I want to freeze." Most of the time, I will say, it really isn't anything about the food but the people you are with. It is the very person that makes you want to freeze the moment, just like freezing the moment by a photo.

Creme Brulee at Ocio (around $35)
Molten Chocolate Cake at Ocio (around $45)
P.S. Oh, and following up the lunch, we feel like shooting zombies in the game centre in Mong Kok. Isn't that just Christmasy? Shooting zombies at Christmas Eve. Nice.

Where: Ocio
Address:Shop D2, Tang Fai Building, 36-48 Tang Lung Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: 2891 0855
Opening hour: Mon - Fri, 12nn - midnight; Sat - Sun, 10am - midnight 

No comments:

Post a Comment